2020-03-20 08:30:23

by Kai Ruhnau

Subject: Pulseaudio SCO connection fails when the headset requests the connection

Hi,

I have
- Linux kernel 5.4.26
- Bluez 5.54
- Pulseaudio 12.2
- An i.MX6 SoloX-based platform
- An ODIN W160 module with a WL1273
- A Nokia BH 310 supporting Headset and Handsfree

When I take the headset out of its charging station, it issues a Connect Request and everything starts rolling. This ends with an error, when pulseaudio tries to connect the BTPROTO_SCO socket ("Function not implemented" at https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/-/blob/v12.2/src/modules/bluetooth/backend-native.c#L153). According to hcidump "headset-connection-request", there is an "Error: Different Transaction Collision" while establishing the synchronous connection.

When I have the headset not connected and connect it through bluetoothctl, everything starts rolling and ends up with a functioning card/source/sink in pulseaudio. The hcidump for that is in "host-connects".

Is this something I have to hide in my application software (disconnect + connect), or is there a proper way to make it work?

Thanks and cheers,
Kai

Attachments:
host-connects (19.25 kB)