2020-05-11 17:33:56

by Kai Ruhnau

Subject: The org.bluez.Network1 dbus interface does not emit PropertiesChanged signals on Disconnect

Hi,

I'm using the dbus interface to connect to an iPhone Personal Hotspot using
Bluez 5.54 / Linux 5.4.32. When connecting, Bluez emits PropertiesChanged
signals for the org.bluez.Network1 interface of the device informing me of
the Connected (true), Interface (bnep0) and UUID (00001116-...). However,
when disconnecting, no such signal is emitted. Querying the properties
shows, however, that the values reverted to the unconnected values.

When I disconnect by disabling the hotspot on the iPhone, the signal
is emitted.

To reproduce, run `busctl monitor org.bluez` on one console and issue

# busctl call org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0/dev_? org.bluez.Network1 Connect s 00001116-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb

resulting in
- method_call
- signal PropertiesChanged for org.bluez.Device1 (Connected true)
- method_return
- signal PropertiesChanged for org.bluez.Network1 (Connected true)

and then

# busctl call org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0/dev_? org.bluez.Network1 Disconnect

resulting in
- method_call
- method_return
- signal PropertiesChanged for org.bluez.Device1 (Connected false)

but no PropertiesChanged for org.bluez.Network1 (Connected false).

Thanks and Cheers,
Kai