2017-11-22 00:48:36

by Thomas Green

Subject: mtu negotiation issues

All,

We are having a problem with negotiating the mtu of a device when re-connecting. If we try to re-connect the device and negotiate the mtu it fails and after the supervisor timeout and the device requests the termination of the device. Attached is a log of the process. We are using bluez5.43. Is this a known issue and is there a patch for it?

TIA,

Tom

Attachments:
connect_fail.log (9.03 kB)
connect_fail.log

2017-11-22 09:01:51

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Subject: Re: mtu negotiation issues

Hi Tom,

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 2:48 AM, Thomas Green <[email protected]> wrote:
> All,
>
> We are having a problem with negotiating the mtu of a device when re-conn=
ecting. If we try to re-connect the device and negotiate the mtu it fails =
and after the supervisor timeout and the device requests the termination of=
the device. Attached is a log of the process. We are using bluez5.43. =
Is this a known issue and is there a patch for it?

The only thing strange on the log is:

> ACL Data RX: Handle 1025 flags 0x02 dlen 6 =
[hci0] 16348.382281
SMP: Security Request (0x0b) len 1
Authentication requirement: Bonding, No MITM, Legacy, No
Keypresses (0x01)

Which apparently we never respond, all the ATT/GATT traffic goes fine
including the MTU exchange, perhaps the request leads to the
disconnection though at that point it seems we are already encrypted
so it is not clear why the remote is sending that request.

> TIA,
>
> Tom

--=20
Luiz Augusto von Dentz