2016-08-15 13:23:26

by Wilson Perez

Subject: Fwd: BlueZ5: Unable to re-pair device after unpairing

Thank you, Luiz. I have tested successfully removing the device
manually and paring afterwards. Is there a way to allow either by
configuration or patch subsequent pairing requests of already paired
devices in a Bluetooth controller? This condition would take place
when, say, a phone is paired with a Bluetooth controller, later
unpaired by the phone's internal capabilities, and finally attempting
to pair once again with the Bluetooth controller. Bluez 3.36 allowed
this capability.

Thank you so much.

Wilson

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Wilson,
>
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 5:22 AM, Wilson Perez <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I am using BlueZ 5.41 on ARM Linux 4,1,18 and would like to be able to
> > pair a device that had previously been paired but then unpaired. How
> > can this be accomplished?
>
> You can do that by removing the device and then pairing again.
>
> --
> Luiz Augusto von Dentz

2016-08-16 07:46:30

by Szymon Janc

Hi Wilson,

On 15 August 2016 at 15:23, Wilson Perez <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thank you, Luiz. I have tested successfully removing the device
> manually and paring afterwards. Is there a way to allow either by
> configuration or patch subsequent pairing requests of already paired
> devices in a Bluetooth controller? This condition would take place
> when, say, a phone is paired with a Bluetooth controller, later
> unpaired by the phone's internal capabilities, and finally attempting
> to pair once again with the Bluetooth controller. Bluez 3.36 allowed
> this capability.

There is " [RFC 0/5] Rebond support" series (from 2 weeks ago) that
tries to address that.
In general it extends Agent API with callback for getting user consent
for device re-pairing.

If you are interested feel free to comment/test on that series.

PS
no top posting please :)