2016-03-20 02:34:33

by Mark Rages

Subject: Crash in src/gatt-client.c (was Re: setting indication on GattCharacteristic1 interface)

bluetoothd crashes when I attempt to close the connection and
reconnect through d-bus interface.

bluez @ 4d7b1d2b347423a7a79647e51b31744f3e044612

I've put the trace and btmon log here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ddo9kuux9lixj4l/AAB-dWv3aZhfi27KXMMBkoHxa?dl=0

And here is the script that reliably triggers it. It is an
implementation of the Nordic Semiconductor nRF51 DFU bootloader.
Unfortunately you need appropriate nRF51 hardware to duplicate this.

https://github.com/markrages/ble/blob/master/example_dfu.py

If there's any more information that would be useful, please let me
know, preferably with the exact command-line to gather the
information.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail

2016-03-21 17:59:07

by Mark Rages

Ah, never mind about this -- it was my configuration error.

Regards,
Mark

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Mark Rages <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> The crash should now be fixed upstream, thanks for the logs.
>>

> It doesn't crash anymore, thanks. But it doesn't connect either:
>
> $ ./bluetoothctl
> [NEW] Controller 00:1A:7D:DA:71:13 qountdown-0 [default]
> [NEW] Device CD:83:22:A3:1C:5E DfuTarg
> [bluetooth]# power on
> Changing power on succeeded
> [CHG] Controller 00:1A:7D:DA:71:13 Powered: yes
> [bluetooth]# connect CD:83:22:A3:1C:5E
> Attempting to connect to CD:83:22:A3:1C:5E
> Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed
>
> btmon output at
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex7e73c8qwr5p0k/btmon-cannot-connect.txt?dl=0
>
> Regards,
> Mark
> markrages@gmail

Mark
markrages@gmail

2016-03-21 17:49:00

by Mark Rages

<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> The crash should now be fixed upstream, thanks for the logs.

It doesn't crash anymore, thanks. But it doesn't connect either:

$ ./bluetoothctl
[NEW] Controller 00:1A:7D:DA:71:13 qountdown-0 [default]
[NEW] Device CD:83:22:A3:1C:5E DfuTarg
[bluetooth]# power on
Changing power on succeeded
[CHG] Controller 00:1A:7D:DA:71:13 Powered: yes
[bluetooth]# connect CD:83:22:A3:1C:5E
Attempting to connect to CD:83:22:A3:1C:5E
Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed

btmon output at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex7e73c8qwr5p0k/btmon-cannot-connect.txt?dl=0

Regards,
Mark