2016-08-11 01:53:27

by Jason Anderssen

Subject: Eddystone scanning - TLM packet

Hi,

I have successfully written code to scan for iBeacons using bluez, I was wondering if there is a link to some example or doc that explains how to detect the eddy stone different frames, for example, the main one I am after is the Eddystone-TLM data which can be interleaved.
Any help or direction I can search would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Cheers
Jason

2016-08-11 11:29:00

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Subject: Re: Eddystone scanning - TLM packet

Hi All,

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Barry Byford <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello Jason,
>

> On 11 August 2016 at 02:53, Jason Anderssen <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have successfully written code to scan for iBeacons using bluez, I was wondering if there is a link to some example or doc that explains how to detect the eddy stone different frames, for example, the main one I am after is the Eddystone-TLM data which can be interleaved.
>> Any help or direction I can search would be fantastic.
>
> The different Eddystone frames are identified at the start of the
> service data. TLM is 0x02 as detailed in the spec at:
> https://github.com/google/eddystone/blob/master/protocol-specification.md
>
> You may also find this beacon cheat-sheet useful that was posted on Twitter:
> https://twitter.com/josryke/status/763006284052463617

Btw, I will be sending patches to add support for creating advertising
instance with bluetoothctl, so if all goes well it would be possible
to do this with bluetoothctl.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

2016-08-11 08:01:21

by Barry Byford

Hello Jason,

On 11 August 2016 at 02:53, Jason Anderssen <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully written code to scan for iBeacons using bluez, I was wondering if there is a link to some example or doc that explains how to detect the eddy stone different frames, for example, the main one I am after is the Eddystone-TLM data which can be interleaved.
> Any help or direction I can search would be fantastic.

The different Eddystone frames are identified at the start of the
service data. TLM is 0x02 as detailed in the spec at:
https://github.com/google/eddystone/blob/master/protocol-specification.md

You may also find this beacon cheat-sheet useful that was posted on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/josryke/status/763006284052463617

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Barry