2019-07-08 08:01:02

by Ordit Gross

Subject: Bluetoothctl scan question

hi,

I would like for bluetoothctl scan on to have only "new" results for each scan.
I see in the src/adapter.c that the old devices which aren't bonded
are dropped via "remove_temp_devices" function.
how can I find bonded devices in scan?
I would like to be able to use connect function only if a device is
present (really found by scan- not cached).
currently unable to since the scan is keeping the bonded devices in
the devices list.
how can I overcome this?

also, I understand from google that the suggested approach is to
remove_device, which isn't acceptable since the device would then be
unpaired..
* I could in theory remove_device then push keys into the kernel, but
wouldn't this cause other connections to drop?

thanks in advance