2012-05-17 04:13:22

by santhosh aj

Subject: Auto Generate configure & make files

Hi,
Can any one please tell me what is the proper order/commands to
generate configure.in, .configure, Makefile.in, config.h.in. If we
download a snapshot from git repository
(http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez.git;a=summary) these file
will be missing. I found a link which give some information about this
(http://www.nondot.org/sabre/Mirrored/autoconf-2.12/autoconf_2.html).
but if some one can tell the proper steps it will be help a lot for
all who doesn't know.

Regards
Santhosh AJ

2012-05-18 11:33:18

by santhosh aj

Subject: Re: Auto Generate configure & make files

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Johan Hedberg <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Santosh,
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2012, santhosh aj wrote:
>> Can any one please tell me what is the proper order/commands to
>> generate configure.in, .configure, Makefile.in, config.h.in. If we
>> download a snapshot from git repository
>> (http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez.git;a=summary) these file
>> will be missing. I found a link which give some information about this
>> (http://www.nondot.org/sabre/Mirrored/autoconf-2.12/autoconf_2.html).
>> but if some one can tell the proper steps it will be help a lot for
>> all who doesn't know.
>
> The git tree contains a script called bootstrap that will do this for
> you. A bootstrap-configure script is also provided which additionally
> calls the configure script with options that are appropriate for BlueZ
> development (but not necessarily for product use).
>
> Johan

Thank you very much. It worked. libtool & libcapabilities were
missing. After installing those it worked.

2012-05-17 14:40:15

by Johan Hedberg

Hi Santosh,

On Thu, May 17, 2012, santhosh aj wrote:
> Can any one please tell me what is the proper order/commands to
> generate configure.in, .configure, Makefile.in, config.h.in. If we
> download a snapshot from git repository
> (http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez.git;a=summary) these file
> will be missing. I found a link which give some information about this
> (http://www.nondot.org/sabre/Mirrored/autoconf-2.12/autoconf_2.html).
> but if some one can tell the proper steps it will be help a lot for
> all who doesn't know.

The git tree contains a script called bootstrap that will do this for
you. A bootstrap-configure script is also provided which additionally
calls the configure script with options that are appropriate for BlueZ
development (but not necessarily for product use).

Johan

2012-05-17 13:45:03

by Mike Brudevold

Hi Santhosh,

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM, santhosh aj <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can any one please tell me what is the proper order/commands to
> generate configure.in, .configure, Makefile.in, config.h.in. If we
> download a snapshot from git repository
> (http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez.git;a=summary) these file
> will be missing. I found a link which give some information about this
> (http://www.nondot.org/sabre/Mirrored/autoconf-2.12/autoconf_2.html).
> but if some one can tell the proper steps it will be help a lot for
> all who doesn't know.

Try running "./bootstrap".

Mike