2011-11-24 12:41:11

by Sathish Narasimman

Subject: AVRCP metadat

Hi,
I am working on implementing AVRCP 1.3 using the latest bluez that
i downloaded from repository bluez.kernel.org.git file and i am working
to get the metadata information from the media player "amarok" .

i already succeded in writing the code using dbus API on bluez-4.96. The
features such as VolumeUp, VolumeDown, Pause , Stop,
GetProperties(Status Connected Only) are working fine.

I want help to implement in getting metadata information, I want to know
which player to use that supports in sending the metadata information.

and suggestions how to use dbus API requesting some more example code
for writing dbus in C.

--
Thanks& Regards,
Sathish N

2011-11-24 13:54:30

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Subject: Re: AVRCP metadat

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 2:41 PM, sathish <[email protected]> wrote:
> ?Hi,
> ? ?I am working on implementing AVRCP 1.3 using the latest bluez that i
> downloaded from repository bluez.kernel.org.git file and i am working to get
> the metadata information from the media player "amarok" .
>
> i already succeded in writing the code using dbus API on bluez-4.96. The
> features such as VolumeUp, VolumeDown, Pause , Stop, GetProperties(Status
> Connected Only) are working fine.
>
> I want help to implement in getting metadata information, I want to know
> which player to use that supports in sending the metadata information.
>
> and suggestions how to use dbus API requesting some more example code for
> writing dbus in C.

You can use test/mpris-player.c as a C reference and there is also
test/simple-player in python, it is quite possible that amarok
implements mpris interface so that you can use mpris-player to
extract/convert the metadata.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz