2015-07-02 19:22:14

by Neil Martin

Subject: Trying to run example-advertisement

I was having trouble using the advertising api in my own code, so
decided to run the example-advertisement python test to rule out
errors in my code. This doesn't work either - I get the following
error message:

LEAdvertisingManager1 interface not found

I know the advertising api is experimental. My bluez was built with
--enable-experimental and I'm running bluetoothd with the -E flag.
It seems like this is an environment issue, but I don't find any
suggestions when I try googling for help. Is there anything obvious
that I'm missing?

Neil

2015-07-03 16:40:00

by Neil Martin

Subject: Re: Trying to run example-advertisement

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 3:18 AM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Gowtham Anandha Babu
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi Neil,

Thanks for all the replies. I'm running bluez on a raspberry pi 2 and
as far as I can tell, there isn't an easy path to a 4.1 kernel. I
applied all the updates to my installation and ended up at 4.07. I
don't have a lot of linux background, but from googling the topic, it
seems like 4.1 is so new that it isn't universally available.

Neil

2015-07-03 08:18:14

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

<[email protected]> wrote: