2012-10-31 19:25:29

by John Tobias

Subject: BLE kernel supported

Hello all,

I am evaluating a dev board based on iMX6 chipset from freescale with
Bluetooth LE in the next few days or so. The stable kernel for the
said chipset is based on linux kernel 3.0.35.x and I am not sure if
the Bluetooth "Low Energy" support is already part of the linux kernel
3.0.35.x.

Anyone could give me some input?.

Regards,

john

2012-10-31 19:41:57

by John Tobias

Subject: Re: BLE kernel supported

Hi Marcel,

I am using a pandaboard ES too and the kernel that I am using is 3.4.x
and I confirmed that it support the BLE.

Regards,

john

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
>> I am evaluating a dev board based on iMX6 chipset from freescale with
>> Bluetooth LE in the next few days or so. The stable kernel for the
>> said chipset is based on linux kernel 3.0.35.x and I am not sure if
>> the Bluetooth "Low Energy" support is already part of the linux kernel
>> 3.0.35.x.
>
> you need at least a 3.5.x kernel. Any previous kernel does not have Low
> Energy enabled.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

2012-10-31 19:31:55

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi John,

> I am evaluating a dev board based on iMX6 chipset from freescale with
> Bluetooth LE in the next few days or so. The stable kernel for the
> said chipset is based on linux kernel 3.0.35.x and I am not sure if
> the Bluetooth "Low Energy" support is already part of the linux kernel
> 3.0.35.x.

you need at least a 3.5.x kernel. Any previous kernel does not have Low
Energy enabled.

Regards

Marcel

2012-11-01 22:00:46

by Claudio Takahasi

Hi John:

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:41 PM, John Tobias <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>
> I am using a pandaboard ES too and the kernel that I am using is 3.4.x
> and I confirmed that it support the BLE.
>
> Regards,
>
> john

You will need a modified firmware to enable BLE. Maybe Chen Ganir can help you.

Regards,
Claudio