2017-02-12 16:12:46

by Sinthu Raja

Subject: Difference between the bluetooth HCI Types

Hi,
I am working on the Bluez stack, when I gave a command hciconfig i got the
following result

hciconfig
hci0: Type: Primary Bus: UART
BD Address: 72:8E:6C:AB:DD:A4 ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1

Can anyone please brief me about the Primary type and the ED/BR type.

With Regards
Raja

2017-02-16 16:16:03

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Difference between the bluetooth HCI Types

Hi Raja,

> I am working on the Bluez stack, when I gave a command hciconfig i got the
> following result
>
> hciconfig
> hci0: Type: Primary Bus: UART
> BD Address: 72:8E:6C:AB:DD:A4 ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
>
> Can anyone please brief me about the Primary type and the ED/BR type.

they are the same. It used to be called BR/EDR, but actually a better description is Primary. Since these days it includes LE as well. Also the specification differentiates between Primary and AMP controllers.

Regards

Marcel