2012-09-29 20:28:18

by Kevin Wilson

Subject: scan fails

Hi,
I have fedora 17.
When I try:
hciconfig hci0 up
I get:
Can't init device hci0: Connection timed out (110)

lsusb DOES recognize the USB BT
lsusb
Bus 004 Device 004: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd
Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

2012-09-29 21:12:40

by Vinicius Costa Gomes

Subject: Re: scan fails

Hi Kevin,

On 22:29 Sat 29 Sep, Kevin Wilson wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry , just forget to mention that in reset I also
> get an error:
> hciconfig hci0 reset
> Can't init device hci0: Connection timed out (110)

Can you install hcidump (IIRC in Fedora it is called bluez-hcidump) and send
the log, pass '-Xt' to it please, when doing 'hciconfig hci0 up'?

Right now, I am thinking that our initialization procedure sends a command
that your device doesn't support, probably because we expect a newer Bluetooth
version than your device is.

> kevin

Vinicius

2012-09-29 20:29:38