2018-04-07 06:32:56

by Dr Nukular

Subject: Bluetooth connection drops after idle time

Bluetooth connection drops if the device, such as mouse or keyboard, is inactive for some time. Once the device is used again the bluetooth connection comes back on. This would not be an issue, if it wasn't for the time that it takes until the connection is re-established again. It is not responsive enough and interferes with the workflow, if you have to wait several seconds until you can use your device again, especially since you naturally expect an immediate response.

If this is not a bug, then please enable a setting to disable that "feature" or improve the time by reducing it to a minimum to reconnect the device.

2018-04-09 02:51:14

by Joseph Hwang

Subject: Re: Bluetooth connection drops after idle time

Hi Dr Nukular:

As far as I know, it is the peripheral device that enters power
saving mode and disconnects.

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 2:32 PM, Dr Nukular <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bluetooth connection drops if the device, such as mouse or keyboard, is i=
nactive for some time. Once the device is used again the bluetooth connecti=
on comes back on. This would not be an issue, if it wasn't for the time tha=
t it takes until the connection is re-established again. It is not responsi=
ve enough and interferes with the workflow, if you have to wait several sec=
onds until you can use your device again, especially since you naturally ex=
pect an immediate response.

> If this is not a bug, then please enable a setting to disable that "featu=
re" or improve the time by reducing it to a minimum to reconnect the device=
.--
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-bluetooth=
" in

--=20

Joseph Shyh-In Hwang
Email: [email protected]