2018-04-10 08:53:36

by Joseph Hwang

Subject: Re: Bluetooth connection drops after idle time

Hi Dr Nukular:

You could run "btmon -w btsnoop.log" to capture the HCI logs, have
your devices connected, let them idle for a while, and observe which
side terminates the connection.

Also please make sure if you use the same peripheral devices when
you compare the re-connection latency before and after you upgrade
kernel/system. Bluetooth classic mouse/keyboard work differently from
BLE mouse/keyboard. When a classic bluetooth device disconnects, its
input node will be removed from kernel. Next time when reconnecting,
it needs to create its node again in kernel. On the other hand, when a
BLE device disconnects, its input node remains. Hence, a BLE device is
supposed to be a bit faster to reconnect.

Joseph

--

Joseph Shyh-In Hwang
Email: [email protected]