2011-07-20 05:12:51

by chanyeol

Subject: Question about bluez audio plug-in license

Hello

I have a question about bluez audio plug-in license. Is it possible to use
bluez audio plug-in as LGPL? About half year ago I saw bluez and pulseaudio
introduced ?a2dp-codecs.h?. As far as I understand bluez audio plug-in
license could be LGPL. However the header file license is GPL.

and I think even if we use MediaEndpoint with dbus, we need to include
?a2dp-codec.h?.

If you know, could you explain this?

Thanks
Chanyeol Park

2011-07-20 10:53:24

by chanyeol

Subject: Re: Question about bluez audio plug-in license

Hi

2011/7/20 Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
>
>> I have a question about bluez audio plug-in license. Is it possible to u=
se
>> bluez audio plug-in as LGPL? About half year ago I saw bluez and pulseau=
dio
>> introduced =93a2dp-codecs.h=94. As far as I understand bluez audio plug-=
in
>> license could be LGPL. However the header file license is GPL.
>>
>> and I think even if we use MediaEndpoint with dbus, we need to include
>> =93a2dp-codec.h=94.
>>
>> If you know, could you explain this?
>
> the specific file a2dp-codec.h can be easily licensed under LGPL. Same
> as with rth.h. Both file are clearly an oversight on our part. Code that
> is shared between PA and BlueZ should be LGPL license. For the SBC
> encoder/decoder and IPC parts we have done that right. So yes, we can
> just re-license these two header files.

Where could I find "rth.h"? Will you change license of "a2dp-codec.h"?

> However for the whole audio plugin, no that is GPL only.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Regards

Chanyeol Park