2015-03-25 02:25:17

by Prabhu Chawandi

Subject: HID Over GATT

Hi All,

Can any one help me understand, how can I use the
sample/uhid/uhid-sample.c . I have built and ran it I dint get what it
is doing?

With 5.28 there is no hidd daemon is there any alternative for that.
I want my BT LE KBD and Mouse to be paired and connected to my
embedded device not the Desktop linux.

Your inputs will be very helpful

ManyThanks,
Prabhu

2015-03-25 07:58:12

by Szymon Janc

Subject: Re: HID Over GATT

Hi,

On Wednesday 25 of March 2015 07:55:17 Prabhu Chawandi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can any one help me understand, how can I use the
> sample/uhid/uhid-sample.c . I have built and ran it I dint get what it
> is doing?

You don't need to run this.

> With 5.28 there is no hidd daemon is there any alternative for that.
> I want my BT LE KBD and Mouse to be paired and connected to my
> embedded device not the Desktop linux.
>
> Your inputs will be very helpful

HoG is handled by bluetoothd. Just pair with device and bluetoothd will take
care of the rest.

so:
make sure bluetoothd is running

start bluetoothctl: