2015-11-16 05:27:02

by Prabhu Chawandi

Subject: HoG Disconnection=> Reason: Connection Time out

Hi All,

When connecting a bonded HoG device, I am seeing the connection
unsuccessful.

When I saw hcidump, pasted comlete hcidump below. Please let me know
what is the reason.

> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
status 0x00 handle 75 reason 0x08
Reason: Connection Timeout

-------------------------Complete hci dump -------

> HCI Event: LE Meta Event (0x3e) plen 26
LE Advertising Report
SCAN_RSP - Scan Response (4)
bdaddr 22:55:5B:00:15:10 (Public)
TX power level: 254
Complete local name: 'RCU-NBX08'
RSSI: -76
> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 4
LE Set Scan Enable (0x08|0x000c) ncmd 1
status 0x00
< HCI Command: LE Create Connection (0x08|0x000d) plen 25
bdaddr 22:55:5B:00:15:10 type 0
interval 96 window 48 initiator_filter 0
own_bdaddr_type 0 min_interval 40 max_interval 56
latency 0 supervision_to 42 min_ce 0 max_ce 0
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
LE Create Connection (0x08|0x000d) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: LE Meta Event (0x3e) plen 19
LE Connection Complete
status 0x00 handle 75, role master
bdaddr 22:55:5B:00:15:10 (Public)
< HCI Command: LE Start Encryption (0x08|0x0019) plen 28
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
LE Start Encryption (0x08|0x0019) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x02 dlen 6
SMP: Security Request (0x0b)
auth req 0x01
> HCI Event: Encrypt Change (0x08) plen 4
status 0x00 handle 75 encrypt 0x01
< ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x00 dlen 11
ATT: Read By Group req (0x10)
start 0x0001, end 0xffff
type-uuid 0x2800
> ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x02 dlen 8
ATT: Handle notify (0x1b)
handle 0x0042
value 0x00
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 75 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x02 dlen 8
ATT: Handle notify (0x1b)
handle 0x0042
value 0x00
> ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x02 dlen 24
ATT: Read By Group resp (0x11)
attr handle 0x0001, end group handle 0x0001
value 0x01 0x18
attr handle 0x0002, end group handle 0x0008
value 0x00 0x18
attr handle 0x0009, end group handle 0x0038
value 0x12 0x18
< ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x00 dlen 11
ATT: Read By Group req (0x10)
start 0x0039, end 0xffff
type-uuid 0x2800
> ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x02 dlen 24
ATT: Read By Group resp (0x11)
attr handle 0x0039, end group handle 0x003d
value 0x0f 0x18
attr handle 0x003e, end group handle 0x0043
value 0x13 0x18
attr handle 0x0044, end group handle 0x0048
value 0x1e 0x18
< ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x00 dlen 11
ATT: Read By Group req (0x10)
start 0x0049, end 0xffff
type-uuid 0x2800
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 75 packets 1
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 75 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x02 dlen 12
ATT: Read By Group resp (0x11)
attr handle 0x0049, end group handle 0xffff
value 0x0a 0x18
< ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x00 dlen 11
ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
start 0x0009, end 0x0038
type-uuid 0x2803
> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
status 0x00 handle 75 reason 0x08
Reason: Connection Timeout

Many Thanks,
Prabhu Chawandi

2015-11-16 12:36:41

by Prabhu Chawandi

Subject: Re: HoG Disconnection=> Reason: Connection Time out

Hi Luiz

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Prabhu,
>
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 7:27 AM, Prabhu Chawandi <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When connecting a bonded HoG device, I am seeing the connection
>> unsuccessful.
>>
>> When I saw hcidump, pasted comlete hcidump below. Please let me know
>> what is the reason.
>>
>>> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
>> status 0x00 handle 75 reason 0x08
>> Reason: Connection Timeout
>
> Looks like everything is fine until the timeout, does this manifest
> every time? What controller do you have, perhaps you can try with
> different controller to see if that helps, if it doesn't then you will
> probably need a sniffer to find out why it is disconnecting.
>
> Btw, can you share what device is it?
>

> --
> Luiz Augusto von Dentz

I am using CSR 4.0 USB BT dongle (dual mode), yes every time I see it.
Sometimes with different handle (73 and different attribute0x4b)

I am using trying with BT LE (smart) HoG device which has touch pad, keypad.

I was digging more into it I got an error in the hcidump before the
above dump . which is pasted below

< ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x00 dlen 11
ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
start 0x0057, end 0xffff
type-uuid 0x2803
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
handle 75 packets 1
> ACL data: handle 75 flags 0x02 dlen 9
ATT: Error (0x01)
Error: Attribute not found (10)
Read By Type req (0x08) on handle 0x0057

is it missing any important attribute ? 'Read By Type req' waits for
time out and drops connection. I tried enabling, when attributes are
read, in the middle connection is dropped.
How bluex comes to know about it ? is it discovered or is is mandatory
as part of Spect HoG ?

Please share your input.

Many Thanks,
Prabhu Chawandi