2016-05-16 07:05:12

by Mallikarjuna V

Subject: Request for BLE server applications and documents - BLUEZ

Hi Marcel,

I need to develop the BLE based profile on GATT layer by using BULEZ
software. I am unable to find the any reference documents to add new BLE
services on GATT layer.

Can you please provide any documents or links to develop the GATT server
profiles on BLUEZ stack.

Thanks & Regards,
V.Mallikarjuna Rao.

2016-05-17 17:33:43

by Travis Griggs

> On May 17, 2016, at 1:14 AM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz <[email protected]> wrote:

<snip>
> Regarding the actual problem it is probably because experimental
> interfaces are not enabled by default, you can do enable that by
> passing -E to bluetoothd.

If you’re using systemd, the file you’ll want to tweak is

/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service

Modify your ExecStart line to include the -E option. Mine currently looks like:

ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -d -E --noplugin=*

The -d is indispensable and took my a while to stumble upon. Any python error you have that is fired by dbus callbacks will not show up on the stdout/stderr of you program (e.g. an error downstream of a WriteValue() callback). Rather it will show up in the debug output of the bluetooth daemon. So I pretty much always have

journalctl -flu bluetooth

running when I’m changing things, so I can see those errors reported there.

By default, you get a whole bunch of stuff in your dbus namespace from older stuff. The —noplugin=* flag gets rid of all of those, so you’ll only see your own stuff in the dbus tree.

2016-05-17 08:14:28

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi,

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Mallikarjuna V
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Luiz,
>

> We tried below python script, we got an error "GattManager1 interface not found"
>
> Can you please provide flow of sequence and dependences.

Please don't top post in the list, comment inline:
http://www.bluez.org/development/lists/. It is also not recommended to
use html in the emails sent to the list.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

2016-05-17 07:46:44

by Mallikarjuna V

Luiz,

We tried below python script, we got an error *|"GattManager1 interface
not found"
|*

Can you please provide flow of sequence and dependences.

Thanks &Regards,
V.Mallikarjuna Rao

On 05/16/2016 01:15 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Mallikarjuna V
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> I need to develop the BLE based profile on GATT layer by using BULEZ
>> software. I am unable to find the any reference documents to add new BLE
>> services on GATT layer.
>>
>> Can you please provide any documents or links to develop the GATT server
>> profiles on BLUEZ stack.
> You can find the GATT related API documentation here:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/doc/gatt-api.txt
>
> There is also a python sample available under test/example-gatt-server:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/test/example-gatt-server

2016-05-16 07:45:18