2021-05-28 01:44:35

by Joakim Tjernlund

Subject: Please backport BTUSB_INTEL_NEWGEN to stable 5.10.x

The devices are popping up now in laptops like Lenovo T14 Gen 2 and there is no stable kernel support for them.

2021-06-03 13:20:01

by Joakim Tjernlund

On Thu, 2021-05-27 at 23:08 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> The devices are popping up now in laptops like Lenovo T14 Gen 2 and there is no stable kernel support for them.

No plans to make stable work on moden devices?

2021-06-03 13:31:16

by Kiran K

Hi,

I need to check the process to submit patch to stable version of kernel.

Luiz/Marcel,

Any input here ?

Thanks,
Kiran

2021-06-03 14:18:12

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Kiran,

> I need to check the process to submit patch to stable version of kernel.
>
> Luiz/Marcel,
>
> Any input here ?

in general if it is more than just adding USB_DEVICE entry, then no, we don’t back port.

Regards

Marcel

2021-06-03 14:38:06

by Joakim Tjernlund

On Thu, 2021-06-03 at 16:16 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Kiran,
>
> > I need to check the process to submit patch to stable version of kernel.
> >
> > Luiz/Marcel,
> >
> > Any input here ?
>
> in general if it is more than just adding USB_DEVICE entry, then no, we don’t back port.

this is a bit more than that but not beeing able to use modern laptops on stable 5.10.x seems even worse.
There is no new stable on coming soon either I guess?

Jocke