2022-09-09 23:46:21

by John Klug

Subject: How to get multiple BD-ADDR org.bluez.Adapter1 SetDiscoveryFilter Pattern-s

Let us say that I have two different pattern requirements.

From adapter-api.txt:

>Note: The pattern matching is ignored if there
>are other client that don't set any pattern as
>it work as a logical OR, also setting empty
>string "" pattern will match any device found.

For two completely different BD-ADDR values
(prefixes do not match), I need two clients?

So what defines a client? A D-BUS connection? So the same program would need two D-BUS connections to have two different BD-ADDR values in the pattern?

Or do they need to be in a separate Linux processes.

I assume it is not possible to have an array of BD-ADDR values as the pattern?

I am using GTK GIO if that helps.

John Klug