2014-10-31 20:51:11

by Alan Stern

Subject: Re: btusb_intr_complete returns -EPIPE

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014, Naveen Kumar Parna wrote:

> Split packet transactions are hidden. I could see them by clicking on
> the (Show/Hide Split transactions) button. For INT IN, I could see
> only Start Split packet.
>
> I attached([2014-10-28 session 144012] Trace0003.rar) complete log for
> this scenario.

How come the log doesn't contain any SOF packets?

> SSPLIT IN transaction 114 1
> HS No data 884.562 264 267
>
> SSPLIT IN transaction 115 1
> HS No data 884.562 265 217
>
> SSPLIT IN transaction 116 1
> HS No data 884.562 285 417
>
> SSPLIT IN transaction 117 1
> HS No data 884.562 286 467

I see what you mean -- the log doesn't contain any CSPLIT transactions
for the interrupt endpoints. Only SSPLIT.

I'll need to see the scheduling information for these endpoints.
You'll have to run a 3.13 or later kernel; then the important files
will be under /sys/kernel/debug/usb/ehci/X/, where X is the PCI address
of the EHCI controller you are using.

Copy the files in that directory while the test is running.

Alan Stern