2021-05-12 00:31:31

by Kenny Bian

Subject: Build BlueZ 5.50: getting errors

We are using BlueZ 5.48 in embedded Ubuntu 18.04. We're trying to
build BlueZ 5.50 for embedded Ubuntu 18.04 because we need the
"Service Changed Indication" feature which was fixed in 5.50. The host
system to build BlueZ is Ubuntu 18.04.

I downloaded the BlueZ 5.50. The CPU on the embedded device is
"Freescale i.MX6 UltraLite". As we need to cross compile the BlueZ, I
suppose we need to use the option "--host=arm-linux-gnueabihf". Is
that the correct option for cross-compilation? Here is the configure
command:
./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf --prefix=/usr
--mandir=/usr/share/man --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var

But there were errors when we ran the command above:
checking for GLIB... no
configure: error: GLib >= 2.28 is required

So I installed these packages:
sudo apt-get install libglib2.0
sudo apt-get install glib2.0

But I still got the same errors even if the packages above were
installed. It seems GLib is 2.27 for Ubuntu 18.04. If that is the
case, how can I get GLib version 2.28 or above in order to get
configure working?

Thanks in Advance!

2021-05-12 07:13:54

by Jamie Mccrae

Subject: RE: Build BlueZ 5.50: getting errors

HI Kenny
This isn't really a BlueZ question. You would need to either compile the package from source yourself or either just upgrade to a newer version of your distro. The distro version you are using has less than 2 years left of support, why not go with 20.04 LTS instead which has a longer support duration?
Thanks,
Jamie

EXTERNAL EMAIL: Be careful with attachments and links.

[...]

THIS MESSAGE, ANY ATTACHMENT(S), AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN MAY BE PROPRIETARY TO LAIRD CONNECTIVITY, INC. AND/OR ANOTHER PARTY, AND MAY FURTHER BE INTENDED TO BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE DELETE THE EMAIL AND ANY ATTACHMENTS, AND IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY THE SENDER BY RETURN EMAIL. THIS MESSAGE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE THE PROPERTY OF LAIRD CONNECTIVITY, INC. AND MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR USED WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF LAIRD CONNECTIVITY, INC.