2023-07-12 05:16:18

by Russell Senior

Subject: ell location bug/inconsistency with README

I mentioned this on the irc channel recently, thought I'd escalate to
the mailing list. Also, I am a total newbie with bluez, so please
pardon what appears like and actually is pathetic ignorance.

I am building bluez 5.68 on OpenWrt and found that a recent commit
1106b28be8 seems to have made the configure script look for ell
whether or not --enable-mesh or --enable-btpclient are used (I'm not
using them), in contrast to the language in the README:

"When neither --enable-mesh nor --enable-btpclient is specified, then this
part is irrelevant and Embedded Linux library is not required."

I worked around it by patching out the part of configure that errors
on not finding ell, but this seems like a bug either in the code or
the README.

Russell Senior

by Rudi Heitbaum

Subject: Re: ell location bug/inconsistency with README

On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 09:51:47PM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:
> I mentioned this on the irc channel recently, thought I'd escalate to
> the mailing list. Also, I am a total newbie with bluez, so please
> pardon what appears like and actually is pathetic ignorance.
>
> I am building bluez 5.68 on OpenWrt and found that a recent commit
> 1106b28be8 seems to have made the configure script look for ell
> whether or not --enable-mesh or --enable-btpclient are used (I'm not
> using them), in contrast to the language in the README:
>
> "When neither --enable-mesh nor --enable-btpclient is specified, then this
> part is irrelevant and Embedded Linux library is not required."
>
> I worked around it by patching out the part of configure that errors
> on not finding ell, but this seems like a bug either in the code or
> the README.

Hi Russell,

Were you cross compiling? If so. This should fix the compile:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/bluetooth/patch/[email protected]/
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-bluetooth/[email protected]/

Regards
Rudi