2012-02-22 16:35:25

by Pierre Frenkiel

Subject: using a bluetooth headset

hi everybody,
I'm trying to use a Motorola bluetooth headset, and the only programs for
which it works are Skype and aplay.
The pairing worked perfectly with blueman-manager.
Skype uses the alsa config file .asoundrc, and aplay needs the
-D bluetooth flag.
Impossible to make it to work with any other program (vlc, rhytmbox,
xine, totem, ...)
I tried several tricks found in several forums, but none worked.
Had anybody a better result?
PS: My OS is Debian/Squeeze.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel

2012-02-23 09:27:22

by Pierre Frenkiel

Subject: Re: using a bluetooth headset

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012, Lucas De Marchi wrote:

> If you use pulseaudio, it should work out of the box.
not really out of the box for me:
I already tried with pulsaudio, without success.
the command:
pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device=btheadset
gives
Failure: Module initalization failed
and all what I get after re-installing pulseaudio is that
it no more works neither with skype nor aplay.

Have you any doc about the exact config needed for pulseaudio to work?

--
Pierre Frenkiel

2012-02-22 20:15:26

by Lucas De Marchi

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Pierre Frenkiel
<[email protected]> wrote:
> hi everybody,
> I'm trying to use a Motorola bluetooth headset, and the only programs for
> which it works are Skype and aplay.
> The pairing worked perfectly with blueman-manager.
> Skype uses the alsa config file .asoundrc, and aplay needs the
> -D bluetooth flag.
> Impossible to make it to work with any other program (vlc, rhytmbox,
> xine, totem, ...)
> I tried several tricks found in several forums, but none worked.
> Had anybody a better result?
> PS: My OS is Debian/Squeeze.

If you use pulseaudio, it should work out of the box.

Lucas De Marchi