2008-11-05 16:37:26

by Daniel Roesler

Subject: Default PIN for bluez-gnome wizard

Howdy all,

I was wondering if there was a reason for using random numbers between
1000 and 9999 as the fallback pincode to try when attempting to
connect to a bluetooth device via the wizard?

http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez-gnome.git;a=blob_plain;f=wizard/main.c;hb=HEAD
------LINE 548-------
target_pincode = g_strdup_printf("%d", g_random_int_range(1000, 9999));

Many devices use "0000" as their default, and I've noticed that "0000"
is continually being added to the pincode_callback function for
special devices. Why not set "0000" as the default to catch most of
the devices that aren't able to customize their own pins?

Avast!
Daniel Roesler
[email protected]