2011-06-10 11:17:40

by Thilo Cestonaro

Subject: Re: Support for 0489:e031 Foxconn / Hon Hai

Hey,

>As Virtualbox does a direct usb passthrough to the client I could install the bluetooth adapter in windows with the original broadcom bluetooth driver.
>Once I opened the settings there and "saved" theses, the adapter finds bluetooth devices nicely under windows AND linux.
>
>Sadly I have no idea what the broadcom driver did to "activate" the adapter.

So, after a reboot the adapter is back in it's "no I don't want to do anything"-Mode and I have to activate it again via windows.

stop bluetooth daemon
unload btusb
boot windows VM with attached Bluetooth Device (boot til the login is visible, is enough)
dettach BD from Windows
load btusb
start bluetooth daemon

Now I can use the adapter as usual.
So there is definitley some initalization going on in the windows driver.

Any ideas how I can get more information whats going on during boot? Or is disassembling the windows driver the only way?

ciao
Thilo