2010-04-06 12:53:26

by nirav rabara

Subject: Question regarding HS Connection

Hi,

I am using Bluez-4.62 on ARM platform, I am using USB Bluetooth
dongle, I use bluez api for the connection and disconnection, I have
strange problem with HS connection.
1) I paired dongle with HS, So now whenever I use Dbus API to get
paired device list I get device as paired device.
2) After that I creat connection to HS, this time I am able to
connect/disconnect with HS. (working)
3) Now I connect HS to some other devices( mycellphone1 then
cellphone2, cellphone3 etc).
4) After that whenever I try to connect with HS, it show me below message.
bluetoothd[410] Unable to get service record: Operation already in progress(114)
-> According to me - This HS is trying to connect with last connected
device with it, and because of this reason it not get connected.

My question is if such the case than how to connect with HS?

Any suggestion would be appreciable.
--
With Regards,
Nirav Rabara

2010-04-07 09:32:21

by nirav rabara

Subject: Re: Question regarding HS Connection

hi Lain,

Thanks for your suggestion,

> you will probably find that because the HS device is very limited in
> resources, it does not keep records of more than one paired device. So, if
> you pair with another device it forgets about the first and you will not
> be able to connect except that you pair it again.

Does it mean that once paired device information stored in our
cellphones, if remote device(HS) doesn't have paired information, out
cellphone will take care of re-pairing.

So ultimately am I need to do pairing again??

--
With Regards,
Nirav Rabara

2010-04-06 18:11:31

by Iain Hibbert

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, nirav rabara wrote:

> My question is if such the case than how to connect with HS?

you will probably find that because the HS device is very limited in
resources, it does not keep records of more than one paired device. So, if
you pair with another device it forgets about the first and you will not
be able to connect except that you pair it again.

some HS device might be able to store more than one pairing but I don't
know how you would find that out except by trying them all..

iain