2010-04-04 10:40:35

by Daniel Abraham

Subject: Question about BlueZ's configure script

In BlueZ's README, dev packages for ALSA, Gstreamer (+ plugins base),
and libsnd are not listed as required or even optional.

However, the configure script does look for them (although it doesn't
fail if they're missing).

So my question is: why does it look for them? How do they affect BlueZ
compilation/functionality?

Thanks

2010-04-04 13:14:35

by João Paulo Rechi Vita

Subject: Re: Question about BlueZ's configure script

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 10:40, Daniel Abraham <[email protected]> wrote:
> In BlueZ's README, dev packages for ALSA, Gstreamer (+ plugins base),
> and libsnd are not listed as required or even optional.
>
> However, the configure script does look for them (although it doesn't
> fail if they're missing).
>
> So my question is: why does it look for them? How do they affect BlueZ
> compilation/functionality?

Bluetooth audio profiles are implemented in 3 different ways: as an
ALSA driver (soon-to-be deprecated), GStreamer elements (SBC decoder,
A2DP sink, etc), and PulseAudio modules (recommended). These last ones
lives on PulseAudio's tree, the other two live on bluez' tree, so if
configure finds it's headers it enables compilation of the respective
modules.

--
João Paulo Rechi Vita
http://jprvita.wordpress.com/