2019-01-01 23:36:34

by Russell Coker

Subject: new release?

It's been over 6 months since the last release, could we have another release
soon?

--
My Main Blog http://etbe.coker.com.au/
My Documents Blog http://doc.coker.com.au/

2019-01-03 00:27:47

by Chris PeBenito

Subject: Re: new release?

On 1/1/19 6:27 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> It's been over 6 months since the last release, could we have another release
> soon?

I suppose so. There haven't been many changes lately, so a release
hasn't seemed pressing.

--
Chris PeBenito

2019-01-05 01:50:49

by Russell Coker

On Thursday, 3 January 2019 10:44:19 AM AEDT Chris PeBenito wrote:
> On 1/1/19 6:27 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> > It's been over 6 months since the last release, could we have another
> > release soon?
>
> I suppose so. There haven't been many changes lately, so a release
> hasn't seemed pressing.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2018/04/msg00006.html

Above is the summary of the Debian/Buster freeze schedule. After the 12th of
Feb new source packages will not be accepted. I'd like to have a policy
source package newer than July 2018 in Buster so a new upstream release later
this month would work well. I don't expect you to go out of your way for my
convenience, but I think you would probably prefer that distributions not have
too old releases of policy to reduce the weird support questions. So any time
a distribution that supports SE Linux is about to have a freeze and there
hasn't been a refpolicy release for a while is probably a good time for it.

As for not many changes, there are ~1500 lines of patches in git since the
2.20180701. I've just submitted about 1000 lines of patches and can easily
submit another 500 lines or so before the end of the month. I think we can
double or triple the patch size against the last release over the course of
the next few weeks. Increased patch size isn't the aim of course, but it will
hopefully correlate to the amount of fixes for problems that affect users.