2019-01-30 13:26:04

by Russell Coker

Subject: strange system_dbusd_t stuff

# for /usr/lib/kauth/libexec/backlighthelper accessing /root/.config
xdg_search_config_dirs(system_dbusd_t)

So system_dbusd_t is running backlighthelper from the powerdevil package when
I login as non-root. Is it expected that backlighthelper runs as
system_dbusd_t? Accessing /root/.config seems like a powerdevil bug in any
case.

--
My Main Blog http://etbe.coker.com.au/
My Documents Blog http://doc.coker.com.au/

2019-01-30 23:56:50

by Chris PeBenito

Subject: Re: strange system_dbusd_t stuff

On 1/30/19 8:05 AM, Russell Coker wrote:
> # for /usr/lib/kauth/libexec/backlighthelper accessing /root/.config
> xdg_search_config_dirs(system_dbusd_t)
>
> So system_dbusd_t is running backlighthelper from the powerdevil package when
> I login as non-root. Is it expected that backlighthelper runs as
> system_dbusd_t? Accessing /root/.config seems like a powerdevil bug in any
> case.

I don't have a laptop handy to dig through this, but it sounds buggy to
me. I wouldn't expect to see it running in system_dbusd_t.

--
Chris PeBenito