2020-03-01 17:49:30

by Tom Talpey

Subject: FYI on an update to "RDMA Flush" I-D and IETF107

A couple of things FYI.

- I am updating the draft-talpey-rdma-commit document* in
advance of IETF107. This is an iWARP extension in support of
RDMA access to persistent memory, although it is somewhat more
general than simply pmem. There is a parallel effort in IBTA.

- Because there is no longer an RDDP working group, one option
discussed in the past with several WG chairs and Transport ADs was
to move this forward in the NFSv4 WG. With the new chair situation,
and the document republication, it may be worthwhile to discuss
this again. I believe there is good merit to the idea.

- I plan to attend IETF107 NFSv4 WG meeting, but can only be
there one day. I hope to discuss this further there. If you
would like me to say something as part of the agenda, I am
happy to do so.

Tom.

* https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-talpey-rdma-commit/