2008-08-22 20:00:20

by Ian Campbell

Subject: Re: NFS regression? Odd delays and lockups accessing an NFS export.

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 12:33 -0700, John Ronciak wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Ian Campbell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> That's probably also a networking device driver issue candidate: your
> >> RPC task is queued up waiting to be sent.
> >>
> >> What networking card+device driver are you using here?
> >
> > # ethtool -i eth0
> > driver: e1000
> > version: 7.3.20-k2-NAPI
> > firmware-version: N/A
> > bus-info: 0000:01:0a.0
> There is nothing indicating that the NIC/driver is causing any sort of
> problem here, at least not with what has been presented so far. When
> the NFS mount isn't working is the networking still active and
> working?

So far as I can tell, yes. I can login via ssh so long as the user
doesn't have NFS $HOME, I haven't tried much else and the box isn't
locked up at the moment, I'd bet it's fine though.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

"On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK'
- everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS."
(By Tarl Neustaedter)

Attachments:
signature.asc (197.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part