2009-11-26 15:01:49

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: Fw: Deadlock regression in v2.6.31.6

On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 00:11 +0100, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
> 1.2.3.167 is the Linux client kernel which locks up, 1.2.3.151 is the
> unfs server.
> It looks like the client terminates the TCP connection. The server
> confirms it, the client then sends a final acknowledge. At that point
> the client kernel locks up in the infinite loop.

OK. Have you tried running with RPCDBG_TRANS debugging enabled? I
suspect you might see a flood of 'sendmsg returned unrecognized error'
or 'connect returned unhandled error' messages if you do.

Trond

2009-11-26 15:07:12

by Stephen R. van den Berg

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 16:01, Trond Myklebust
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 00:11 +0100, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
>> 1.2.3.167 is the Linux client kernel which locks up, 1.2.3.151 is th=
>> unfs server.
>> It looks like the client terminates the TCP connection. =A0The serve=
>> confirms it, the client then sends a final acknowledge. =A0At that p=
oint
>> the client kernel locks up in the infinite loop.

> OK. Have you tried running with RPCDBG_TRANS debugging enabled? I
> suspect you might see a flood of 'sendmsg returned unrecognized error=
'
> or 'connect returned unhandled error' messages if you do.

The pcap trace is not conclusive (enough)?
I can run with RPCDBG_TRANS enabled, if it is needed to further
pinpoint the problem.
--=20
Sincerely,
Stephen R. van den Berg.