2010-04-22 18:15:01

by Brandon Shandelson

Subject: RE: NFSV4 Replica Support?

I want to use NFSV4 replicas on Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit servers.? It doesn't seem
to work.? It *looks* like the server kernel module supports it, but the NFS
client does not.? Is this the case, or should I be able to make replicas
work on Linux?

2010-04-22 18:28:39

by Brandon Shandelson

I have two NFS servers with NFSV4 exports whose data are synced via Unison. I want one server to be a hot standby for clients to use in case something happens to the primary NFS server.

The NFS exports look like this:
/home 192.168.0.0/24(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_subtree_check,async,repli cas=/home@msdevnfs1:/home@msdevnfs2)

The mount in fstab looks like this:
msdevnfs1:/ /home nfs4 _netdev,auto 0 0