2010-05-10 17:07:11

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: linux-nfs.org will be going down for an upgrade today...

Hi,

I'm planning on upgrading the Linux distribution on linux-nfs.org to a
newer release today. Unfortunately, this has to be done during working
hours since I no longer have physical access to the CITI machine room
(and so have to rely on Bruce being available should the remote access
fail).

I expect to start at around 2pm EST (in 1 hour from now). Hopefully the
down time will be less than an hour or two.
During that time, expect no access to http://www.linux-nfs.org, the git daemon,
wiki.linux-nfs.org, bugzilla.linux-nfs.org or the linux-nfs.org mailing
lists.

I'll send a mail once everything is up and running again...

Cheers
Trond

2010-05-11 19:12:07

by Trond Myklebust

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 13:07 -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning on upgrading the Linux distribution on linux-nfs.org to a
> newer release today. Unfortunately, this has to be done during working
> hours since I no longer have physical access to the CITI machine room
> (and so have to rely on Bruce being available should the remote access
> fail).
>
> I expect to start at around 2pm EST (in 1 hour from now). Hopefully the
> down time will be less than an hour or two.
> During that time, expect no access to http://www.linux-nfs.org, the git daemon,
> wiki.linux-nfs.org, bugzilla.linux-nfs.org or the linux-nfs.org mailing
> lists.
>
> I'll send a mail once everything is up and running again...

As feared it took a good deal more time than expected, however I believe
that everything should be up and working again now.

Cheers
Trond