2010-05-17 17:19:24

by Chuck Lever III

Subject: Re: linux-nfs.org will be going down for an upgrade today...

On 05/11/2010 03:12 PM, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 13:07 -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm planning on upgrading the Linux distribution on linux-nfs.org to a
>> newer release today. Unfortunately, this has to be done during working
>> hours since I no longer have physical access to the CITI machine room
>> (and so have to rely on Bruce being available should the remote access
>> fail).
>>
>> I expect to start at around 2pm EST (in 1 hour from now). Hopefully the
>> down time will be less than an hour or two.
>> During that time, expect no access to http://www.linux-nfs.org, the git daemon,
>> wiki.linux-nfs.org, bugzilla.linux-nfs.org or the linux-nfs.org mailing
>> lists.
>>
>> I'll send a mail once everything is up and running again...
>
> As feared it took a good deal more time than expected, however I believe
> that everything should be up and working again now.

I've found two anomalies so far (and they may be on my end, fwiw).

1. Yesterday, I tried to update the IPv6 working document on the NFSv4
wiki, and the edit failed with a page that said an "internal error"
occurred.

2. Today, I tried a "git fetch" against Steve's nfs-utils repository,
and it failed with "fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly." I've
already verified that I have the latest ssh keys. The origin URL is
"git://linux-nfs.org/nfs-utils" .

Thanks, and no hurry.

--
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com

2010-05-17 17:38:56

by Trond Myklebust

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 13:19 -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
> On 05/11/2010 03:12 PM, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 13:07 -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm planning on upgrading the Linux distribution on linux-nfs.org to a
> >> newer release today. Unfortunately, this has to be done during working
> >> hours since I no longer have physical access to the CITI machine room
> >> (and so have to rely on Bruce being available should the remote access
> >> fail).
> >>
> >> I expect to start at around 2pm EST (in 1 hour from now). Hopefully the
> >> down time will be less than an hour or two.
> >> During that time, expect no access to http://www.linux-nfs.org, the git daemon,
> >> wiki.linux-nfs.org, bugzilla.linux-nfs.org or the linux-nfs.org mailing
> >> lists.
> >>
> >> I'll send a mail once everything is up and running again...
> >
> > As feared it took a good deal more time than expected, however I believe
> > that everything should be up and working again now.
>
> I've found two anomalies so far (and they may be on my end, fwiw).
>
> 1. Yesterday, I tried to update the IPv6 working document on the NFSv4
> wiki, and the edit failed with a page that said an "internal error"
> occurred.

Not sure about this. Is it reproducible?

> 2. Today, I tried a "git fetch" against Steve's nfs-utils repository,
> and it failed with "fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly." I've
> already verified that I have the latest ssh keys. The origin URL is
> "git://linux-nfs.org/nfs-utils" .

This should now be fixed. It was due to a permission error
on /var/local/git_root.

Cheers
Trond