2010-07-24 00:29:21

by Yudong Gao

Subject: config delegation lease time

Hi,

I am trying to change the delegation lease time in NFS4.1, but I can
not find any documentation talking about this.

Do I need to change the source code directly to change the lease time?

Thanks!

best,

Yudong

2010-07-24 01:38:29

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: config delegation lease time

On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 17:29 -0700, Yudong Gao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to change the delegation lease time in NFS4.1, but I can
> not find any documentation talking about this.
>
> Do I need to change the source code directly to change the lease time?

Change the contents of /proc/fs/nfsd/nfsv4leasetime on the server.

Trond

2010-07-26 17:14:52

by Yudong Gao

I see. Thanks a lot for the pointer, Trond!

Is there a through document about all the available configurations?

Thanks!

best,

Yudong

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Trond Myklebust
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 17:29 -0700, Yudong Gao wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to change the delegation lease time in NFS4.1, but I can
>> not find any documentation talking about this.
>>
>> Do I need to change the source code directly to change the lease time?
>
> Change the contents of /proc/fs/nfsd/nfsv4leasetime on the server.
>
> Trond

2010-07-26 17:27:10

by Trond Myklebust

That would be the source code. I'm not aware of any other documentation
for these particular options.

Cheers
Trond

On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 10:14 -0700, Yudong Gao wrote:
> I see. Thanks a lot for the pointer, Trond!
>
> Is there a through document about all the available configurations?
>
> Thanks!
>
> best,
>
> Yudong
>
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Trond Myklebust
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 17:29 -0700, Yudong Gao wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am trying to change the delegation lease time in NFS4.1, but I can
> >> not find any documentation talking about this.
> >>
> >> Do I need to change the source code directly to change the lease time?
> >
> > Change the contents of /proc/fs/nfsd/nfsv4leasetime on the server.
> >
> > Trond

2010-07-26 17:36:25

by Yudong Gao

I see. I will look into the source code.

Thanks again!

best,

Yudong

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Trond Myklebust
<[email protected]> wrote:
> That would be the source code. I'm not aware of any other documentati=
on
> for these particular options.
>
> Cheers
> =A0Trond
>
> On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 10:14 -0700, Yudong Gao wrote:
>> I see. Thanks a lot for the pointer, Trond!
>>
>> Is there a through document about all the available configurations?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> best,
>>
>> Yudong
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Trond Myklebust
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> > Change the contents of /proc/fs/nfsd/nfsv4leasetime on the server.
>> >
>> > Trond

2010-07-27 17:47:29

by J. Bruce Fields

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 01:27:05PM -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> That would be the source code. I'm not aware of any other documentation
> for these particular options.

An nfsd (and/or nfs) administrator's manual would be useful. Existing
FAQs and HOWTOs could provide a starting point. I'd be happy to help
review, but don't have the cycles to start one right now.

--b.