2010-01-29 15:19:15

by Qian Cai

Subject: Fedora NFSv4 Test Day

Hi guys,

There will be a NFS test event [1] focus on NFSv4 by default feature [2] and secure NFS in upcoming Fedora 13 next Thursday - 4th Feb. While we are still trying to finalize a few details there, your suggestion on other testing areas for NFS are also welcome. We are trying to make the tests as easy to follow, and provide Fedora LiveCD images during the event if possible. We will guide you and answer questions you have during the event on IRC freenode -> #fedora-test-day.

Looking forwards to see you there!
CAI Qian

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-02-04_NFS
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NFSv4Default

2010-01-30 03:48:08

by Qian Cai

Subject: Re: [pnfs] Fedora NFSv4 Test Day

> Note on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_nfs_pynfs there
> seems to be a mix-up between pynfs and connectathon instructions.

Thanks for pointing out, Bruce! Yes, that page still need some cleanup here to also include known failures from pynfs that you pointed out earlier, so the tester can skip those false alarms. I'll fix that one up.

CAI Qian

2010-01-29 16:42:28

by J. Bruce Fields

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:19:14AM -0500, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> There will be a NFS test event [1] focus on NFSv4 by default feature [2] and secure NFS in upcoming Fedora 13 next Thursday - 4th Feb. While we are still trying to finalize a few details there, your suggestion on other testing areas for NFS are also welcome. We are trying to make the tests as easy to follow, and provide Fedora LiveCD images during the event if possible. We will guide you and answer questions you have during the event on IRC freenode -> #fedora-test-day.

Note on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_nfs_pynfs there seems
to be a mix-up between pynfs and connectathon instructions.

--b.

> Looking forwards to see you there!
> CAI Qian
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-02-04_NFS
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NFSv4Default

by Qian Cai

Subject: Re: Fedora NFSv4 Test Day

Now, everything is ready to test. Your knowledge about NFS is highly appreciated for the first ever Test Day involved low-level stuff as far as I am aware of. If you can't test it now, your later testing feedback is still valuable.

Thanks for your reading!
CAI Qian