2008-08-28 08:53:04

by lioupayphone

Subject: may be a bug?

Hi, ALL.

in moutd.h of nfs-utils-1.1.3, an union object was defined below.
union mountd_results {
fhstatus fstatus;
mountlist mountlist;
exports exports;
};

the space size of mountd_results is the maximum one among fsstaus,mountlist and exports, and all of them are the output arguments of mountd procedures.
in nfsv3, mount_mnt_3_svc takes "mountres3" as its output. so i think it may be :

union mountd_results {
fhstatus fstatus;
mountlist mountlist;
exports exports;
mountres3 mountres3;
};

because the size of fstatus is larger than mountres3, no erros happens. but i think semantically "mountres3" should be added into this union structure. am i wrong?

thansk a lot.

Best regards. :-)

Payphone LIOU

2008-08-28 17:43:35

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: may be a bug?

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 04:52:58PM +0800, Payphone LIOU wrote:
> Hi, ALL.
>
> in moutd.h of nfs-utils-1.1.3, an union object was defined below.
> union mountd_results {
> fhstatus fstatus;
> mountlist mountlist;
> exports exports;
> };
>
> the space size of mountd_results is the maximum one among fsstaus,mountlist and exports, and all of them are the output arguments of mountd procedures.
> in nfsv3, mount_mnt_3_svc takes "mountres3" as its output. so i think it may be :
>
> union mountd_results {
> fhstatus fstatus;
> mountlist mountlist;
> exports exports;
> mountres3 mountres3;
> };
>
> because the size of fstatus is larger than mountres3, no erros happens. but i think semantically "mountres3" should be added into this union structure. am i wrong?

>From a quick glance..... Yes, I agree, that looks suspicious. Perhaps
you could send a patch? (Address it to [email protected], cc'd to this
list.)

--b.