2008-11-12 16:51:36

by Chuck Lever

Subject: Re: NFS mount over IPv6 success

On Nov 12, 2008, at 11:37 AM, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 05:05:13PM +0100, Le Rouzic wrote:
>> There is a prototype nfs-utils package based on nfs-utils-1.1.2 you
>> can
>> play with at http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/
>
> I already tried that with the latest git tree from Chuck, but no go
> (statd/nfsd didn't register on IPv6 in rpcbind, IIRC).

My nfs-utils doesn't have any of Bull's server-side changes. It also
doesn't have an IPv6-enabled rpc.statd yet.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com

2008-11-12 16:53:52

by Steinar H. Gunderson

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:50:53AM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
>>> There is a prototype nfs-utils package based on nfs-utils-1.1.2 you can
>>> play with at http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/
>> I already tried that with the latest git tree from Chuck, but no go
>> (statd/nfsd didn't register on IPv6 in rpcbind, IIRC).
> My nfs-utils doesn't have any of Bull's server-side changes. It also
> doesn't have an IPv6-enabled rpc.statd yet.

I used Bull's nfs-utils -- the git tree I was referring to was your kernel
tree, not nfs-utils. :-)

Perhaps things would be better if I used Bull's kernel as well, but 2.6.27
has other issues for me, so it's hard to test on my machine.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/