2010-05-16 02:52:38

by Jupiter

Subject: Disable NFS client cache.

Hi,

Could you please advice how to disable NFS client cache in mount
command?

I have an application to use NFS over FUSE, if I keep typing "ls" in
the same directory, the client NFS only sent GETATT, no more READDIR,
all directory contents displayed on screen came from NFS cache. That
caused many problems and I'd like to disable NFS client cache. But it
did not work when I add "-o noac" option to mount. Also I don't want
NFS GETATT retransmission during file copy. Appreciate your advice and
sample examples to mount.

Thank you.

2010-05-16 13:37:46

by Guillaume Rousse

Subject: Re: Disable NFS client cache.

Le 16/05/2010 04:50, [email protected] a ?crit :
> Hi,
>
> Could you please advice how to disable NFS client cache in mount
> command?
>
> I have an application to use NFS over FUSE, if I keep typing "ls" in
> the same directory, the client NFS only sent GETATT, no more READDIR,
> all directory contents displayed on screen came from NFS cache. That
> caused many problems and I'd like to disable NFS client cache. But it
> did not work when I add "-o noac" option to mount. Also I don't want
> NFS GETATT retransmission during file copy. Appreciate your advice and
> sample examples to mount.
If you're speaking of the new fs-cache feature of 2.6.30 kernel, and not
of builtin caching of NFS (the one managed by -o noac option), the only
way to disable it AFAIK is to prevent fs-cache module loading in
modutils configuration, using either of:
- blacklist fs-cache
- install fs-cache /bin/true
- alias fs-cache null

--
BOFH excuse #302:

microelectronic Riemannian curved-space fault in write-only file system