2012-04-11 08:19:08

by Johannes Schild

Subject: Problems Setting up pNFS

Hi,

i hope this is the right place to post my problem. Sorry for any inconvenience this is one of my first posts on a mailing list.

My problem is to set up pNFS. I used Fedora 16 with kernel 3.3.0-0.rc2.git1.1.pnfsd.fc17.x86_64.rpm from http://steved.fedorapeople.org/repos/pnfs/devel/x86_64/rpms/.
The following howto was used to set up the environment: http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_pNFS/spnfsd.
I tested with wireshark the connection between Metadataserver and Client and they use NFSv4.1. But my problem is with the layout... how can i tell the Metadataserver or the Client which layout could/must they use? Because spnfs is obsolete so iam a litte bit lost (i want to use a filelayout).
Maybe someone can give me a hint or further documentation?

Thanks in advance

regards

Johannes