2014-01-08 23:43:02

by Jim Rees

Subject: client using portmap/rpcbind when port options are given?

How come my nfs client is trying to contact portmap when I've given both the
port= and mountport= options? Is it supposed to do that? Nfs3, nolock,
kernel 3.12, nfsutils 1.2.9 on Arch.

Not asking for help debugging this, just asking if this is normal.

2014-01-09 02:01:01

by Jim Rees

Jim Rees wrote:

How come my nfs client is trying to contact portmap when I've given both the
port= and mountport= options? Is it supposed to do that? Nfs3, nolock,
kernel 3.12, nfsutils 1.2.9 on Arch.

To answer my own question... you have to specify transport protocol. I had
thought that since tcp is the default, I wouldn't need that option, but I
do.

Thanks everyone for the help.