2014-10-27 22:08:49

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: wireshark

I've been getting frequent crashes with the latest wireshark. I think
it's fixed in:

git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/wireshark.git master

I'll probably try to add seek and allocate support while I'm there, and
pass it to wireshark upstream when I've got it better figured out.

--b.

2014-10-31 20:20:27

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: wireshark

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 06:08:48PM -0400, bfields wrote:
> I've been getting frequent crashes with the latest wireshark. I think
> it's fixed in:
>
> git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/wireshark.git master
>
> I'll probably try to add seek and allocate support while I'm there, and
> pass it to wireshark upstream when I've got it better figured out.

Done, but not upstream yet. Till then, something like:

git clone git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/wireshark.git
cd wireshark
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

should work. (And you may discover you need to install some -devel
packages after the next-to-last step.)

--b.