2015-03-10 13:18:03

by Benoit L'hoest

Subject: Session Trunking

Hello,

I'm a student in computer science and i'd like to make a review of nfs 4.1.
I have a nfs server and a nfs client with 2 network interfaces and i'd
like to use session trunking in order to improve the bandwith of my
connection to the server.

How can i do it ?
(i've seen it working with esxi 6.0 bu ti couldn't find a way to do it
with nfs client in linux)

Thanks in advance !

Benoit L'hoest

2015-03-11 20:35:53

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: Session Trunking

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 02:18:01PM +0100, Benoit L'hoest wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a student in computer science and i'd like to make a review of nfs 4.1.
> I have a nfs server and a nfs client with 2 network interfaces and i'd
> like to use session trunking in order to improve the bandwith of my
> connection to the server.
>
> How can i do it ?
> (i've seen it working with esxi 6.0 bu ti couldn't find a way to do it
> with nfs client in linux)

The linux client doesn't currently do trunking, so you'd have to add
support. I don't know how big a project that would be....

The server does support trunking, though it's not gotten a lot of
testing (since the client doesn't use it).

--b.