2018-02-23 16:03:51

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: xfstests EBUSY on generic/32, generic/247

Starting somewhere between v4.15-rc1 and v4.16-rc1, I'm getting sporadic
failures: either on generic/32, with "pread64: Device or resource busy",
or generic/247, on "mmap: Device or resource busy". Anyone else aware
of this?

Annoyingly, I haven't been able to reproduce yet by running just those
tests, I only reproduce reliably with a 1-2 hour test run. I'll see if
I can narrow it down any more....

--b.

2018-02-25 23:54:52

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: xfstests EBUSY on generic/32, generic/247

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:03:50AM -0500, bfields wrote:
> Starting somewhere between v4.15-rc1 and v4.16-rc1, I'm getting sporadic
> failures: either on generic/32, with "pread64: Device or resource busy",
> or generic/247, on "mmap: Device or resource busy". Anyone else aware
> of this?
>
> Annoyingly, I haven't been able to reproduce yet by running just those
> tests, I only reproduce reliably with a 1-2 hour test run. I'll see if
> I can narrow it down any more....

And now I can't reproduce it at all. Maybe there was some problem with
the exported xfs filesystem? I guess I'm giving up for now.

--b.