2018-10-21 11:56:23

by Benjamin Coddington

Subject: Archive the list at lore.kernel.org

Hi, everyone:

I'm working to add this list to lore.kernel.org. As one of prerequisites
they require that we provide full existing archives of all list messages
(or, at least, as complete as possible).

Between Scott Mayhew and myself we have a fairly complete collection from
2014 until now, but I am sure there are some holes. For years before that,
I have a gmane export that I've massaged to clean out as many obfuscated
gmane addresses as possible, but I can see that gmane has dropped the
recipient lists for some messages, likely due to a header size limit.

I would really appreciate it if you would pitch in from your own collection
before I backfill the archive with the gmane messages.
Just follow the instructions on this page:
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore

Here is a link to the list of message-ids that I already have:
http://bcodding.com/linux-nfs-known-ids.txt.xz

You'll need it during the archive sanitization process to pass to the -k
switch.

Please tar up and xz -9 the resulting directory with mbox files and send the
archive to me so I can add it to what I already have.

Thanks!
Ben

2018-10-23 14:58:27

by Benjamin Coddington

Subject: Re: Archive the list at lore.kernel.org

Anyone want to help? Just bumping this during the work week.
I'll wait until Friday.. then send what I have.

Ben

On 21 Oct 2018, at 7:56, Benjamin Coddington wrote:

> Hi, everyone:
>
> I'm working to add this list to lore.kernel.org. As one of
> prerequisites
> they require that we provide full existing archives of all list
> messages
> (or, at least, as complete as possible).
>
> Between Scott Mayhew and myself we have a fairly complete collection
> from
> 2014 until now, but I am sure there are some holes. For years before
> that,
> I have a gmane export that I've massaged to clean out as many
> obfuscated
> gmane addresses as possible, but I can see that gmane has dropped the
> recipient lists for some messages, likely due to a header size limit.
>
> I would really appreciate it if you would pitch in from your own
> collection
> before I backfill the archive with the gmane messages.
> Just follow the instructions on this page:
> https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore
>
> Here is a link to the list of message-ids that I already have:
> http://bcodding.com/linux-nfs-known-ids.txt.xz
>
> You'll need it during the archive sanitization process to pass to the
> -k
> switch.
>
> Please tar up and xz -9 the resulting directory with mbox files and
> send the
> archive to me so I can add it to what I already have.
>
> Thanks!
> Ben

2018-10-24 11:26:29

by Emmanuel Florac

Le Tue, 23 Oct 2018 10:58:28 -0400
"Benjamin Coddington" <[email protected]> écrivait:

> Anyone want to help? Just bumping this during the work week.
> I'll wait until Friday.. then send what I have.

That's a noble endeavour, unfortunately a few months ago I scripted a
strict purge of my mailing lists folders. The only one I forgot to
auto-vacuum is linux-bcache, for which I have everything up to may 2015.
For all other lists, I don't keep anything older than 3 months anymore.

Emmanuel Florac | Direction technique
| Intellique
| <[email protected]>
| +33 1 78 94 84 02

(No filename) (163.00 B)
Signature digitale OpenPGP

2018-10-26 17:36:58

by Benjamin Coddington

The archive is up:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-nfs/

Thanks Scott and Phil for donating your mail.

Ben