2020-03-05 17:55:38

by Chuck Lever III

Subject: RFC: v5.7 NFSD merge candidate

Hey-

I've collected NFSD-related patches for the v5.7 merge window in this topic branch:

https://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=cel/cel-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/nfsd-5.7-testing

The only remaining items are Trond's change to the server to drop requests,
and a possible change to the SSC CONFIG dependency to disable it when NFS_FS=m.

There was one minor merge conflict, between:

"fs: nfsd: nfs4state.c: Use built-in RCU list checking"

and

"SUNRPC/cache: Allow garbage collection of invalid cache entries"

Trond, please confirm that I resolved the conflict correctly. Thanks!

--
Chuck Lever

2020-03-05 21:41:49

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: RFC: v5.7 NFSD merge candidate

By the way, I'm moving this weekend and may be particularly unresponsive
for several days while we pack, unpack, clean the old place, etc., etc.

(And I'm therefore particularly grateful that Chuck's handling nfsd
patches for 5.7. Please make sure you're including Chuck on any nfsd
patches.)

--b.