2008-10-30 18:09:43

by Garrett Cooper

Subject: Generic root=/dev/nfs with nfsroot= boot question

Hi guys,
I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but
I was wondering whether or not root=/dev/nfs is required when nfsroot=
is specified on a command line, or does specifying nfsroot= imply
root=/dev/nfs?
I asking because I am part of a group developing on a Linux
platform, and unfortunately this "functionality" was broken between
"releases" for a device because someone went and messed around with
the device tree. This "functionality" works perfectly fine for the
other targets that we support though, and works perfectly fine for
other supported targets.
Thanks,
-Garrett